Wednesday, February 9, 2011

[007] Midweek Check-in

If you read my last blog post, you'll see that I purchased the Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred DVD. After unwrapping it from its DVD confines and putting in the player, I figured, Hey, this can't be that bad. I'm already at the gym five days a week.

Oh, how I was so very, very wrong.

I started Level 1 and by the end of the 20 minutes work-out, I was sweating. And panting. And shaking. I'm pretty sure that I would've passed out if I had been standing a few seconds more. To top it off, overly-confident Tritia here figured the 5 lb. weights wouldn't be too bad.

Again, how I was so very, very wrong. I could barely lift them for one of the exercises and had to stop midway.

I don't know how many of you have embarked on the 30 Day Shred, but damn. Girl knows how to nearly kill you on the first day, that's for sure. I felt like I had been at the gym for hours instead of in my living room for 20 minutes/

I woke up very sore the next day, especially in my knees and shoulders, and ventured out to Wal-Mart to get lighter weights (3 lbs). That night, in all of my sore glory, I did the exercise again. The 3 lbs. were still too heavy, and now I was feeling like a wuss, but I didn't want to end up pulling a muscle or something.

I had bought 2 lbs. weights for my mom, and on the third night of my venture, alternated between the 2 lbs. and 3 lbs. weights. That definitely helped, and even though I was still huffing and puffing and trying not to collapse at the end of the work-out, I didn't feel as weak as I did after the first day. My endurance is building, I can feel it!

I just have to be a little more mindful of what I'm eating; again, not really changing anything, but I need to get serious about my weight loss/health thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment