Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Shakeology 3 Day Cleanse: Day One Blog


Shakeology 3 Day Cleanse – DAY ONE
DAY ONE WEIGHT: 133 LBS.

I began my venture with the Shakeology’s 3 Day Cleanse today!  I know, I’m excited too!
In all honesty, it was a lot easier to get through the day than I thought it would be.  I mean, I am somebody who loves food and the chance to indulge once in a while – I thought that I was going to nearly die from not being able to do so today (I’m aware of my gross exaggeration). 

Today was a bit challenging; not only was it my first day, but I also had class today as well.  In between classes, I usually grab lunch with a friend or two and we munch and chat until our next class.  My school is in a location that has many, many options for food.  Knowing I wouldn’t be able to indulge like I usually do on class days was a bit … sad.  Only because I was going to miss the inevitable pizza slice, though.

But I made it.  I had to make a few modifications, but I definitely powered through.  I pre-made one of my Shakeology shakes for lunch and stored it in a container, then sipped it while my friends ate.  I didn’t have green tea for lunch, but had some as soon as I got home.  That was a bit of a challenge … I don’t like tea.  I’ll suck down coffee like it’s no tomorrow, but tea?  Ehhh, I’d rather do without.

Anyway.

As soon as I got home, I baked chicken in the oven for the next few nights and then had my dinner of salad, chicken and dressing.  Oh my, it was delicious.  I used the Sesame Soy Ginger Vinaigrette from Trader Joe’s and yum!  Can’t wait to use it for things other than salad, but I digress.

So far, so good, I’d have to say.  The only issues I’ve really had are urinating a lot, which I think is due to the green tea, and feeling a little gassy and bloated.  Other than that, I feel pretty damn good!  I thought that I would be ravenous come dinner time, but I only had two cups of my salad, 4 oz. of chicken, and two tablespoons of the dressing.  It was filling, too.  I haven’t had any crazy cravings, either!  The only time I really wanted some more savory to eat was during lunch; sitting in the food court wasn’t quite torturous, but I admit – I was dreaming of biting into a hot slice of cheese pizza.

I’ll update again tomorrow.  The next two days should be easier to handle since I’ll be at home studying for a final!


Drinkin' my last shake of the day!  I look exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment