Sunday, May 5, 2013

Sunday Check-in and Chicago Style Fun: May 5, 2013


Current Weight, as of 5/3/13: 132.0 lbs.
Ideal Range: 130-135 lbs.


As you can see, I am sitting at a cool 132.0 lbs.  I was surprised to see that number this morning, as I binged so hard yesterday when out with a good friend of mine.  I mean, we’re talking an “M burger” from M Burger, a chocolate shake, a chocolate hazelnut latte, and a chocolate chip cookie of pretty epic sizes.  Yes, I did walk around and do some light shopping to celebrate the end of the semester, but that did not burn off nearly enough as I needed it to!  I went home full and content but developed a weird stomach ache that lasted the rest of the night.  Punishment for being a glutton, perhaps? ;) 

Hey, it's officially the end of second semester!  I deserve a treat, and boy did I treat myself yesterday!  Not only did I indulge on some delicious treats, but I bought a dress and a striped t-shirt as well.  I'm all about stripes, so this trend of stripey things has made me a very happy girl.  

Though I didn't work out yesterday and might not tonight, I am not fretting about it.  For whatever reason, I've been thinking about my need to work-out.  There are days where I feel like absolute crap if I don’t work out, and this bizarre thought of “I’m going to gain my weight back” creeps into my head.  Luckily, my logic takes over and bats that thought away.  I know I won’t gain it back because I skip one or two days of exercising.  Further, I reached a point where I am okay with my weight, plus or minus a pound or two! 

Working out has gone from a necessity to lose weight to something I really enjoy doing.  I mean, it’s TurboFire.  I get to shake my butt and do a more dancey version of kickboxing.  This program helped me get through grad school AND managed to keep my weight in check AND help me build some muscles at the same time.  It’s fantastic.  And I do it because I love it, not because I have to.  In fact, I get some of the songs/routines stuck in my head, and it takes my all not to jump up and start doing the routine wherever I am.

Anyhow, I’ll leave you with two photos I took yesterday while out in Chicago.  It is finally (FINALLY!) Spring out here and it is showing.  It was nice to walk around without a thick coat on, that’s for sure!

(Oh, I know I need to post a review of TurboFire, too.  Now that I’m doing the advanced DVD’s, I’ll most likely post a review after those.)

John Hancock Center

Tulips on Michigan Avenue

It still trips me out to know that I live in freakin' Chicago.  

Anyway, I hope you all have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment