Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A Late Start to 2014

It’s been nearly five months since I updated my blog.  Five whole months, and a whole lot has happened.

For one, that part time job that I had in my last entry – I quit shortly after.  I didn’t feel prepared to work with the population it was with and after getting hit in the face and my hair pulled, decided I didn’t want to do it anymore.  I admire those who can work with that population, but it’s not for me.  I needed something else.  It finally came almost three whole months later – and it was a good thing it came when it did!  I was stressed out about money, worried about where funds would come from, and just not sure what the future held in store.  But after being at my current job for nearly a month now, I think it’s safe to say that this is more up my alley.  It’s not quite counseling, but it’s similar, and I get to work with the population I like.  I can see myself being at this job for quite a while, so hopefully everything works out the way it should!

And now, quite possibly the biggest news – I’m engaged!  Yes, you heard that, ENGAGED.  It happened on New Year’s Day, the last day of our annual New Year’s Trip.  Let me tell you – it was absolutely perfect and I am beyond all excited to be Chris’ wife.  He is the Love of My Life and I don’t know what I’d be without him.  Yes, we’ve had quite the ride, but I am glad we went through what we did.  I have seen him evolve and am so proud of what he’s become, and what he’s becoming.  I fall in love with him over and over again and, to me, there’s nothing better than hearing him laugh at something he finds absolutely amusing.  We’re in the beginning stages of planning a wedding and I cannot wait to walk down the aisle to meet him.

In terms of fitness and weight, it’s safe to say that I need to get back on the Fitness Train.  I last weighed in at 138.6 lbs.  Like … what in the hell.  It’s been a while since I’ve weighed in anywhere close to that; thus, time to get back to working out.  I was all ready to get back to it this week, when bam!  Sickness.  It’s the second time I’ve been sick since starting this job.  I guess that’s what happens when you work with children, but dang.  I hate being sick.  So I’m giving myself the rest of the week to recover and then starting again on Monday.  I’ll come back to updating this weekly, though my weigh-in day may change. 

And maybe, just maybe, I will post photos of the progress this time.

See you all very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment