Sunday, September 7, 2014

Sunday Check-In: September 7, 2014

Current Weight, as of 9/7/14: 141.4 lbs (-0.8 lbs)
Goal: 130 lbs - 35 lbs
~~~
I pretty much hit my goal this week ... pretty much.

I signed up for a gym membership on Saturday and managed to go Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday.  So I skipped Tuesday and Thursday, which isn't so bad.  AND I did my 40 minute TurboFire  stretch today because my body needed it.

Oh, and not only did I manage to go to the gym during the week, but I managed to get my butt out of bed and in the gym by 5:45 AM on the weekdays.  Yes, 5:45 AM.  That may not seem like a big deal to many people, but you gotta understand -- I don't normally willingly wake up that early for any reason, except to pee (and then promptly plop back into bed).  But I wanted to challenge myself this week and see what I could do, so my goal was to get up at 5 and be working out by 5:45.  I managed to do it.

Boy, does it feel really good to be back at a gym.  I missed hopping on a treadmill and seeing people of all different ages, shapes, and sizes working out as well.  I missed going to my locker after a hard workout and the high that followed me home.  And it feels good to be at the gym when there is barely anyone there.  I already feel stronger and less stressed, not to mention damned proud of myself, because I know I'm doing something right for my body.

So my goal for the week, again, is to continue this 5 AM wake-up call to get my ass to the gym every morning.

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment