Monday, December 3, 2012

November Reflections.

The past November was void of updates.  Though I weighed myself every Sunday, I did not update the website.  However, I can tell you that my weight has stayed relatively steady, usually between 128.6 - 130.0.  And that, my friends, is amazing.  Typically, I'm about 128.6 lbs. lately -- and I've chosen to maintain my weight instead of try to lose anymore.  While I originally put my ideal weight as 125 lbs., I am not too concerned with hitting it anymore.  If I can stay around 130 lbs., I'm happy.

That doesn't mean I don't want to stop my fitness or anything.  I want to continue it and I want to focus on toning my body.  The muscles that I've built up from TurboFire are there (especially in my legs) and now I need to work on tightening things up.  I also hope to buy the advanced DVD's for the TurboFire series, and it has become my "soul mate workout", as Chalene Johnson says.  I cannot express how amazing it is.  I may not necessarily look forward to exercising every day, but damned if I don't feel amazing after doing one.

In terms of eating, I haven't been doing great in that regard.  For whatever reason, I have been craving Snickers lately, so I have at least two a week.  I've also discovered a pizza place where I can get french fries with a slice of pizza -- delicious (and cheap!)!  I haven't been cooking at home as much as I'd like to, but I really want to get back to it.  I need to expand my recipe box and start making things that I wouldn't normally want to make.  There are numerous "budget blogs" out there and I need to utilize these!

It also doesn't help that it's nearing towards the end of this semester for school.  I did not anticipate how tired and exhausted being on internship and being in school would make me.  Being in this program also requires a lot of self-reflection, most of it inadvertent, so of course I am thinking of my own life more so than before.  That is also an exhausting process -- I've criticized, forgiven, agonized, questioned, accepted, etc. so many things that I did was either not aware of or refused to acknowledge before.  I have come face-to-face (in my mind, at least) with things that have made me want to run away if I thought about them before -- but this time, I faced them.  It's an exhausting mental process and honestly, I am ready for a mental vacation.  More specifically, I am ready for a mental vacation in, say, oh ... Hawaii.

I'm hoping to get back on track with this for the next few Sundays.  If not, feel free to email me to bother me.  I won't mind, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment