Sunday, April 14, 2013

So, it's been a while.


I essentially abandoned this blog for, oh, almost two months.  It’s been quite a while, I know.

Thing is, school and internship have really run me down.  I’m usually an upbeat, energetic, spirited kinda gal.  But the past month?  Good lord, my energy has just been down.  I’m a full-time graduate student doing about 20-22 hours of internship a week.  I’m writing papers, working on projects, and just living my life.  So it gets quite busy and thus, energy gets zapped.

I’ve been keeping up with my exercising and am glad to say I’ve stayed between 130 – 133 lbs.  But let’s talk about exercising for a second, shall we?  It’s definitely hard to get myself motivated to exercise some days.  This is my second round of TurboFire, but this time I have the advanced DVD’s to add to my collection (YAY!).  I’ve skipped a few workouts, but I haven’t stressed about it too badly.  Though I will be worried if I eat too much in one day, or if I don’t exercise for one day, or BOTH, I know logically that it doesn’t mean I automatically gain ten pounds.  I’ve had many those days/nights and I’ve managed to stay at a pretty steady weight.

It’s been about two years since I started my second serious weight loss plan.  The first was when I was a teenager, and continued sporadically throughout college.  This is the first time that I’ve managed to maintain my weight and I’m quite proud of myself.  It used to take serious work to not overeat, but now, it’s just a habit.  I’ve been using MyFitnessPal consistently for almost a whole year now – my longest run with it.  Though I don’t always log and complete my days, I do still record the majority of what I eat.  It’s a great resource and I am so glad that I found it.

I’ll end this entry with a check-in.  As of today, April 14, 2013, I am 131.8 lbs.  Not bad, eh?  I’m feeling pretty good about it. J

No comments:

Post a Comment