Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Food with Tritia!

I wanted to do something different with a blog entry this week.  I rarely post photos and I know how boring an entry can be without pictures.

So I decided to blog about some of the food that I ate last week.  Not just any food, but food that I made myself.  Oh, and some candy I bought because I really enjoy it.

For whatever reason, I wanted to experiment a bit more with food.  I wouldn't say that I'm a picky eater, but I tend to eat what I know.  I did a pretty decent grocery order from Peapod (THE BEST!) and ordered some items I do not normally order, such as salmon, asparagus, and spinach.  Plus some fruits since I was craving them like crazy.  

Bored with what I know to eat, I looked up recipes for salmon and chicken breasts.  

My first venture was making salmon.  I'd only made fish once in my life, and my sister was at my side to aid me.  This time, I was on my own -- and I was hoping that I wouldn't mess up too horribly.  I wanted to make sure I did it right, considering salmon isn't quite cheap.  

Luckily, it came out awesome!  I paired it with a side of parmesan asparagus and rice and it made for an awesome dinner.  Yum!




Another one of my food ventures was oven fried chicken.  I used panko bread crumbs instead of regular ones and it came out delicious.  It wasn't quite as crispy as I wanted but it was still so good.  I paired this with a side of corn and rice. 

A few hours after dinner, I usually want something sweet.  I ordered a whole box of mangoes (my favorite fruit) and some french vanilla yogurt.  Naturally, I combined these with strawberries and granola.  Became a favorite of mine very quickly -- and, honestly, beat out my go-to chocolate as a favorite snack.  Also, I managed to go through my strawberries before any of them went bad.


Despite being fairly good with food, I ended up buying these candies at the dollar store.  My uncle had these at his house once and I was hooked after I had one.  These things are delicious and I went through a whole bag in one night a few days ago.  I'm trying to control myself this time, but they're oh-so-damn-good!


Hope you all have a WONDERFUL week!  Happy June!


No comments:

Post a Comment