Sunday, August 24, 2014

A New Journey

It’s been a hot minute since I updated.

To be honest, I lost a lot of motivation to keep up with my exercise and health.  With all the transitions that happened in my life, I found myself giving excuses: “I’m too tired;” “I’ve already had dinner so what’s the point” etc.  I know, I know – excuses aren’t enough.  But for me, at the time, they were.

I’m feeling the effects of my laziness.  My once strong body feels weaker.  I’ve gained a few pounds from eating badly and not caring about what I put into my body.  It’s ridiculous and I’m a bit embarrassed, to say the least.  I’ve gone the past eight months telling myself I need to get back into it, and for a few days, I’m pretty good.  But let’s be real: I haven’t done any real work like I used to do.

I’ve decided lately that I definitely need to make a change.  I’ve got a wedding coming up in 2016 and I don’t want to be scrambling six months before to drop 20 lbs that I somehow gained because I was being careless.  I want to get back into it now and then work on maintaining it again.  I miss how I felt when I was consistent and healthy!

So I’ve decided to start blogging and start doing again.  I’m still toying around with how I want to approach it, but so far, I’ve decided to do what I was doing when I first started: reward myself when I reach my “ultimate goal.”  I also want to do occasional “fitness goals.”  We’ll see what works out.  The point is this: I WANT TO GET HEALTHY AGAIN.


I’ll update every Sunday like I used to, since it’s the start of a new week.  I’ll post my weight and blog about the past week and how it’s been.  In the meantime, here’s to a new journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment