Sunday, August 24, 2014

Sunday Check-In: August 24, 2014

Current Weight, as of 8/24/14: 141.2 lbs.
Goal: 130 lbs - 35 lbs
~~~
My goal this week is to sign-up for a local gym.  My supervisor at work has mentioned twice that going to a gym may be beneficial; it gets me out and puts me in an environment with all kinds of people.  I've thought about it for a few weeks now and, with money permitting want to sign up for a gym.  I used to frequent 24 Hour Fitness and I loved it.  

There's a gym close to where I live now and I'm pretty excited at the prospect of signing up.  Once I sign up, I want to try something I've never tried before: Work out before work.  I typically roll in to work about 9 AM and give myself about an hour and a half before leaving, so I'm up at 7 AM.  If I want to work out, I figure that waking up at 5 AM, being at the gym by 5:30 AM, and working out for an hour will still give me plenty of time (and energy) to get to work.  

Right now, my goal for the week is to get a 7 Day Pass.  Once I do that, the following morning, I want to start my workout early.  I plan to get my pass on Wednesday this week (I'm in training in another city for Monday and Tuesday) and start Thursday.  Then hopefully the price won't be too bad and I'll be able to get a good deal!  In the meantime, I'm at my parents' house and plan to walk until I get my gym pass.

So here's my plan for the week:
  • Sunday: Go for an hour walk in the evening.
  • Monday: Go for an hour walk before leaving for training.
  • Tuesday: Go for an hour walk before leaving for training.
  • Wednesday: Go for an hour walk in the morning before work.  After work, go to the gym to get my gym pass/membership.
  • Thursday: Wake-up at 5 AM to go to the gym.
  • Friday: Wake up at 5 AM to go to the gym.
  • Saturday: Wake up at 5 AM to go to the gym.
  • Sunday: Rest
Pretty lofty goals, so we'll see how it goes.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment